Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Goodbye Laundry Mats



HELLO!

NEW WASHER AND DRYER!


Can I say that I am in heaven? Here is how it happened. I received an email from a couple in our ward that was moving, and wanted to give their old washer and dryer to someone deserving in our ward. Another lady in our ward got there first, but after finding out that we didn't even have a washer and dryer, she let me have them. She already had a set, but just wanted to update. I was so grateful to her, and last Monday my husband set out to load them up and bring them home. When Cam got home, he told me that she wanted to keep her older washer and dryer, and she gave us the brand new set that she bought in February. So not only did we get a washer and dryer for free, it is brand new. I can't tell you how happy I am that I only have to walk down some stairs to put some laundry in. I don't think that I can ever go back to a laundry mat again. Thank you Natalie Lukens!

9 comments:

Janae said...

Britt,
It is total heaven to have a washer and dryer!!!!
I remember when we first got ours, I would put a load in the washer and dryer and just lay in bed listening to them work while I was sleeping, knowing that I would have clean laundry in the morning. Even with all the things we have been able to accumulate in our marriage, I will NEVER forget the pleasure of a washer and dryer in your own house!!!
Cheers!!!!!
Love ya!!!

Nick said...

What? No details about the wonderful evening we spent trying to get the washer and dryer hooked up? No props to the Nick-man for his excellent electrician skills? For shame...

;)

:) said...

Who knew that a washer and dryer could bring such bliss? Love them, hate laundromats. Congrats!

Owens Family said...

Very exciting. It's the little luxuries in life that bring you so much joy. Have fun washing and drying everyday at your own home!

Miranda said...

I am so happy for you! I can't imagine how dreadful laundry must have been till now! What a sweet lady I can't believe she gave you the new ones! I love to hear about good people in the world!

Kim said...

Wahoo! That is so exciting! Ours are in storage right now while we are looking for a house. Our apt. has a tiny stackable set that fits about five shirts in it at a time....yeah, I can't wait to have mine back!!!

sarah said...

Hooray for you guys!

Kristen said...

hey long time since i've said hello! so hello! Looks like all is well, i love your new background and congrats on the new washer and dryer!! yay, no more laundromat!!

:) said...

Are you to busy doing laundry now? Where are some new posts dang it! Just kidding. What have you been up to?