I just want your eye to wander to the right of your screen. I have a video of Cam blowing out his candles, Emma telling a scary Halloween Story, and Brooks crawling. Enjoy!
Monday, October 27, 2008
Well, Cam celebrated his 31st birthday on the 23rd. I tried to make it a nice day for him. He played World of Warcraft all day.
Then we went to Applebee's for dinner, and then came home and had cake. His mom makes these wonderful coffee cakes, and Cam loves them so I thought I would make one for his birthday. My mother-in-law explained how to make it, but I think I need to work on my baking skills. It didn't quite turn out the way it was supposed to. The great thing was, is that they tasted great. I guess that is all that matters.
So hopefully he had a good day. Happy Birthday Sweetie!
Posted by Brittany Owens at 6:45 AM
Saturday, October 25, 2008
Last Saturday, we went to Party in the Patch. I was put on by the city, and it was so much fun. We started our jaunt through the park by receiving a Trick-or-Treat bag from the firefighters. From there, we went to a magical carousel that was magically transformed into a place where Emma was able to run like a crazed woman for about 5 minutes. We then ate a really nutritious meal of hot dogs and chips with the water downed wonderfulness of McDonald's orange drink. The hayride came, and we ate some popcorn while we saw the gravestones, pumpkins, and ghosts along the trail. We then came to a gigantic tent where they had games, face painting, and crafts. The night concluded topped off the night by searching for candy in a haunted graveyard. I think I had more fun than anyone. The great thing about it, was that they had some fires going and it had that crisp fall smell combined with fire smoke. My favorite!
Posted by Brittany Owens at 5:49 PM
Saturday, October 18, 2008
Happy Fall Everyone,
I just want to start by saying that I have hit my 100th post. Crazy! I have almost had this blog for a year now. Thanks to everyone who has read whatever it is that I have to say. We had a really fun week. We got to go to the Botanical Gardens, and I was able to get in a couple of pics for ya.
Posted by Brittany Owens at 6:19 PM
Thursday, October 9, 2008
Okay, I have been tagged by my sister. We just post 6 things about each other that most people won't know. Here goes.
1. I LOVE, LOVE decorating for holidays. I decorate for Valentines Day, Easter, Fourth of July, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and of course Christmas. I have three Rubbermaid bins full of Halloween stuff, and two bins of Christmas stuff. I love this time of year, because from October 1st until January 1st, it is unlimited decorating.
2. I think the Rock (aka Dwayne Johnson) is HOT! I also love Dougray Scott, and Christian Bale. Oh, and I also think Cameron is fairly good looking. Love ya Babe!!!!
3. I am obsessed with shoes and accessories. If I had the money I would have tons of shoes and jewlery. The move "The Devil Wears Prada" is one of my favorite movies. I love Ann Hathaway's outfits in that movie.
4. I am a night owl. I don't mind mornings, but I hate the afternoons. I love it when the kids are asleep, and I know I have about twelve hours before they start buggin me again.
5. I am a sucker for guys who smell good. I love it when my husband wears cologne. Yummy!
6. I wish that I was a workout guru. I always look at people running down the road, or in the gym, and I wish I was one of them. I just can't seem to get my lazy bum in shape. So for all of you who exercise religiously I bow down to you. Curse your toned bodies.
I am now supposed to tag people, but I am not going to. If you want to right six things about yourself, do and then let me know.
Posted by Brittany Owens at 5:24 PM
Saturday, October 4, 2008
On Friday afternoon, we went to a pumpkin patch in the area. It was a lot of fun, and we got some good pictures. They had animals to look at, a maze, a little haunted house, and a lot of other things. All Emma cared about was the playground, firetruck, and a little fort they had there. It was a fun time, and I am still waiting for the leaves to change. The weather has become great. It is a little brisk, and overall fun to be out in. How is the weather where your at?
Posted by Brittany Owens at 1:25 PM
So a couple of Saturday's ago, we went to an event in Forest Park called "Arthur in the Park". They had booths set up with all of the characters that are on PBS. They of course had Arthur, Sid the Science Kid, Sesame Street, and many others.
We went there for Emma to see Curious George. She watches it every day, and loves it. We walked a long way due to the parking issue, and we got in line. Cameron then went to scope things out, and discovered that it would take us about 2 hours to get to see George. When you get to George, you get to sit on his lap and take a quick picture. We all decided that waiting that long to see something for about 2 minutes just wasn't what we wanted to do. So we tried to take a picture and let Emma peek in the tent at the characters. She was pretty upset about George, but it has been quickly forgotten. This is probably an event that we won't go to again.
Posted by Brittany Owens at 1:14 PM
Friday, October 3, 2008
I was helping at Emma's joy school a couple of weeks ago, and one of my friends suggested using Pandora. It is a website where you can put in your favorite song, artist, album, whatever, and it makes your own radio station for you. I just used it the other day, and I put in Colbie Calliat. It then played Jack Johnson, Michael Buble, Vanessa Carlton, and others. It was so good, and in an hour, there was only one song that I didn't really care for. Try it out. One of my new favorite songs though is by Jesse McCartney called "Leavin". You might think it is lame, but I like it. I posted the video on here.
Posted by Brittany Owens at 6:22 PM