Monday, April 21, 2008

EARTHQUAKE!!!!!!!!!

Well, we had an earthquake last Friday. It registered a 5.2 in Illinois, and we felt it over here in St. Louis. It was about 4:30 am, and I woke up to the windows shaking. Here is our groggy conversation that fateful morning.
Brittany: "What was that?"
Cam: "I don't know"
Brittany: "It was probably an earthquake."
(Brittany then rolls over and goes to sleep)
(Cameron was awake until the rumbling stopped)
Disclaimer: Both children were not affected by this at all. Sweet little dears.
Needless to say, in the morning Cameron turned on the television, and sure enough it was an earthquake. I am so smart at 4:30 in the morning. I have also been more diligent in getting my 72 hour kits ready to go. We have also purchased renters insurance as well. We seem to always put it off, but even though most of our stuff is crap, its stuff, and I don't want to try to replace it. Well, I have finally experienced most natural disasters. The only ones I think I am missing are hurricanes and tsunami's. Cross my fingers that I can avoid these completely.

1 comments:

Ally Cat Girl said...

I can't believe you were so calm and went to sleep! I was freaked the big one would be coming next!