Friday, December 12, 2008

Apartments, Apartments, Who Wants an Apartment?

First off, many of you know that we are trying to find a new place to live. I had a random experience the other day when I went to go look at an apartment. I arrived in the parking lot, and when I went to get out of my car, I noticed a little boy about 4 sitting all by himself in a car. I was in looking at the apartment for about 25 minutes. When I cam out, I noticed that he was still just sitting there. I was just going to leave, but I just felt that I needed to do something. I opened the car door and asked him if he was okay. He then started to cry. He said something about his Daddy, and that he was sleeping in the car. I wasn't sure what to do, so I called my friend Emily, and she told me to call the police. I called, and they sent out a unit. Well by the time the police got there, it had been about and hour and a half and still no adult in sight to claim this little boy. They manager and maintenance men of the apartment complex, called around and tried to see if they could find a man with the name the little boy kept telling us. Well, we finally found out where he belonged. The police and maintenance knocked on the door, and a man finally came to the door. He told the police that the little boy was asleep, and he had just gotten off work and wanted to sleep as well, so he just left his son in the car and came up and fell asleep. What? You did what? Just take your son upstairs with you. How hard is that? I am so mad! Who knows how long that little boy was in that car. What annoyed me also was that the police just told him to not let it happen again. That's it? That's all the reprimand that he gets? No wonder people think that it is no big deal. Oh well, at least we found his Dad and no harm done. Hopefully he will think twice before doing it again.

Anyways, I can't tell you how many apartments I have looked at, but I finally think I have whittled down to three. Here are the links. Take a look, and vote for your favorite. Here we go.

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/apa/946872873.html

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/apa/953004228.html

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/apa/953050629.html

Let me know what you think.

5 comments:

Harris Family said...

That was a scary story. Glad you called the athorities.

okay here is my opinion...

First Apartment is nice. I like it and it is move in ready

Second place is nice because it has a yard and it is a house. But the yard being paved is weird.... But nice because you don't have to invest in a lawn mower and such. It could be nice for the kidlets to ride bikes. And it has a basement which is always nice. Bummer about it is it isn't ready yet, so depending on when you need to move.

Third is nice, but the whole 2nd and 3rd floor turns me off it. Move in special is nice.

Let me just say the apartments are so cute and quaint.

It is a tight tie between 1 and 2. I like them both. Probably the one with the best floor plan. I like open kitchens.

Good luck. Keep us posted.... we have apartments in AZ too.

:) said...

I like apt 1 and 2 the best. But, I like a free month's rent also. Good luck with the move? Will you be staying in your same ward? Let us know. Nat

Anonymous said...

I vote for 1 or 2 myself. I like the 2nd one because it looks light and airy. I like that though, but hey man, it's your house! You choose the one you want.

Emily S. said...

oh, man, my heart STOPPED when you told that story. I want to go KILL that daddy. How scared would YOU be if you were four and woke up all alone in your car??!?!?!?!??!?!?
Breaks my heart.

On a lighter note... I love #1. It has the most personality!

:)

JaNae said...

Number 1 was deleted so I couldn't look at it. Number 3 is really close to where I first lived in St. Louis. It's nice because of the park being right there. However, number 2 isn't much further and I like it quite a bit, though the paved backyard is interesting. I guess it's more a patio, but a basement would be nice.