Friday, December 12, 2008

Sinter Klaus Day!

Sinter Klaus is the Dutch version of Christmas. My mom's mom is Dutch, and we have always celebrated this holiday. My mom rules at holidays! She always had a way to make them special. She is also big into decorations. I am glad for all of it, because I am excited to share them with my children as well. Thanks Mom! Basically you put your shoes out on the 5th of December, and Sinter Klaus comes with Black Pete and puts presents in your shoes. It was hard trying to explain to Emma about two Santas, but I really don't think she cared.



4 comments:

Harris Family said...

traditions like that are the greatest memories for families!

Kristen said...

how fun! i remember my parents having us put our shoes out for that when we were young! it was so much fun! Thanks so much for your sweet comments, I love getting everyone's input on what they think, even if it's bad! Well I would LOVE to take your pictures so you just give me a holla' if you decide too and no worries, i'm fairly cheap right now since i'm just trying to get started :)

Nicole said...

Looks like a great Sinter Klaus!

Harris Family said...

Hey Brit- I got your address and deleted your comment... Thank you. It will be in the mail.