Monday, June 4, 2007

A Day in the Life....

I just thought that I would touch base with you all after what, two weeks of not posting anything?

I first want to start out by saying that Pirates of the Caribbean ROCKED!!! I loved it, and it was the first time in awhile that Cam and I both left the theatre thinking wow, that was worth it. We had decided to go to the 9:15 a.m. showing, because we have decided that we are too old to deal with retarded teenagers. There where quite a few families, but no teenagers. It was wonderful to sit through a movie without wanting to punch someone. I have listed several reasons I liked the movie on my top 10 list. Please read!

Cam and I decided that we needed to take a family vacation. It seems to be that the only time we take a vacation, we are going to Idaho to see my family. We decided that we need to spend some time with just our family and no one else. It was a wonderful vacation.

We arrived at our hotel on Saturday, and it was a very nice hotel. I guess maybe that was because we were staying at a hotel, and not a motel. Us poor people feel like we are in the lap of luxury when we get to stay at a hotel right? When I walked in, there was a waterfall outside near the lobby, and I was pleasantly surprised that our room looked exactly the way they described on the website. That night was the most wonderful night of our lives. NOT! Emma decided she wanted to be up at 2:00 a.m. Well she was up until 4:00 a.m. and we where all tired the next day.

Sunday went a lot better for us. We arrived at the zoo early in the day, and I can't believe how big that zoo is. I don't even think that we saw half of it. Later that day, we went to the beach and it was packed. We spent quite a bit of time at the beach. Emma loved the beach more than Sea World, and the zoo. We got her some toys to play with in the sand, and she sat there and played, and played, and played. She then decided that she wanted to go in the water, and she loved to go splash around. I don't know if there is any nutritional value in sand, but Emma sure thought that it tasted nice. Once we left the beach, we could tell that Emma was tired, but we needed to eat dinner. We had to keep her awake until we got to the hotel to change and go to dinner. She must have been hungry, because she ate two whole pieces of pizza! She played on the toys at Chucky Cheese, and just enjoyed life. When we got back to the hotel, we put her in her pj's and she crashed! It was a really good night for us.

Monday was fun as well. We went to Sea World, and I really enjoyed the shows. Emma I don't think had any clue what was going on. We went to the Tide Pool, and there where crabs, urchins, and starfish in a pond. You where able to pick them up and play with them. We gave Emma a star fish, and she started to bang it against the side of the pool. She is such a goober. We then were able to pet the rays, and that was a weird experience. They were slimy and you could feel there muscles move. I thought that the Dolphin show was the best. It was entertaining to say the least. We then went up the huge tower they had that overlooked San Diego. The drive home after that seemed like it took forever.

Overall, we really enjoyed our vacation, and I can't wait to be able to do it again.

4 comments:

Nick said...

Glad to hear you guys enjoyed Pirates, and sounds like you had a great vacation. Because I'm overly-opinionated me, here are my thoughts on pirates:

The post-credits scene wasn't that great. Definitely not worth waiting around through the endless credits.

Orlando Bloom may be hot, but he is the least-talented actor in that film.

The whole Calypso subplot left a lot lacking, in my opinion.

I agree that it was awesome to see Keith Richards in his role.

The action scenes were much better than in previous movies.

If a fourth movie happens, it will be completely different. Keira Knightley definitely won't be back, and it is doubtful that Orlando Bloom will be back. It would likely revolve instead around Sparrow, Barbosa, and Will Turner's son instead.

But I agree that it was entertaining and worth the watch on the big screen.

Nicole said...

Disclaimer: This was written by Shad Quirl

To be fair, this Pirates was better than the second...

However, to say the plot was good is like saying someone suffering from severe schizophrenia is quirky and fun to be around.

The plot was nearly incoherent and overwritten to point of looking like a two overpaid Hollywood writers got in a pissing match.

The entire plot of the show centered on freeing Calypso. In fact, a lot of the second show built up to this point (Calypso brought back Barbosa in the second movie because she needed him and his piece of eight). Half of this movie was freeing Jack Sparow so he and his piece of eight could also be used to free the mystical queen of the sea.

Would she and Barbosa end up together? Would she kill all the pirates that bound her? Would she help the pirates and wipe out the East India Trading company? All good question when trying to build suspense in a plot.

However, upon the release of Calypso I felt like the kid who had saved up three proofs of purchase and waited six weeks for a pair of x-ray glasses just realize they're pieces of crap.

The action scenes were impressive, but were too long. The final whirlpool scene was fitting because the show was a complete "flush"

Also, I haven't seen Spiderman III, but if you loved Pirates and hated Spidy then I guess it must be on par with pulling out my fingernails for fun...

Nick said...

Excellent commentary, Nicole. Although was your last comment a defense of Spider-man 3? I sure hope not...

Brittany Owens said...

I guess I am just a simple kind of person. Doesn't really take much to entertain me. Although after reading all of the reasons you all did not like the movie, I can now see what you were talking about. I still did enjoy it. Shad, yes Pirates was 10 times better than Spider-Man III. I think pulling out your fingernails would definately be more entertaining.