Monday, December 10, 2007

Terrifying

Well hello again everyone. Hope everything is going well for all of you so far this month. We had our ward Christmas party Saturday, and it was fun. We had a soup cookoff (no mine didn't win) a talent show, and of course Santa Clause. Emma seemed pretty excited to see Santa, so I thought that it would be fun for her to go and sit on his lap. I wish I had a camera to capture the look of sheer terror on her face. She did not like Santa AT ALL! I have never really seen her so upset by something before. Well, I guess we can call it a bust for this year. At least Emma is enjoying the other aspects of Christmas. Candy, cookies, lights, snow, and Harry Connick Jr's Christmas cd. That is all I can ask for I guess.

I just finished typing up our Christmas letter, and for the majority of whom read this often will get one. We just got a new camera, and I am trying to figure out how to delay the camera so we can all be in the picture. It won't be hard, and I like playing around with stuff. I made sugar cookies, wafer cookies, and fudge yesterday. I felt like I was in the kitchen forever. It doesn't help either when it gets dark at 4:30 p.m. I also wrapped Christmas presents so I can get them shipped to Idaho and Arizona before the big rush hits the post office.

We did finally get our first snow. It was last Thursday, and it was fun to have for the 20 minutes it snowed. The weather is interesting here. Here is an example. On Thursday morning it was raining, then it snowed, then it rained, and then it was freezing rain. I guess freezing rain is the big ticket item here. More than snow. Michigan had a horrible ice storm this weekend, and so did part of Missouri. I need to stock up on some items such as a window scraper thingy for our car. I didn't think I would need one since we have a garage, but when I was at Enrichment it hit me that I may come out of Enrichment with my car frozen over. So that would be a good investment. I also need to get a battery powered heater for our home. I guess they had a couple of serious power outages here because of the storms last year. So I guess I should be prepared. That is the Mormons motto is it not! Ha ha.

Well enjoy the Holidays! I know that we are.

5 comments:

:) said...

Hey Brit! I need your address, your Christmas card is waiting on you! Hey check out our school's blog. I finally posted something on there. Sounds cold in MO. It is cold here. I think like 58 for the high. BBRRRRRRR. Nat

Ben said...

The motto "Be Prepared" actually is not a "mormon" motto as you erroneously taught. That motto was actually coined by the Boy Scouts of America. Now the real question is "Can you be a Boy Scout of America if you live in another country?" Miss you guys!!!

James Redd said...

Is it just me or does Cameron look nearly drunk in the picture of him and Emma?

The Owens said...

Ahh the joys of trying to get your kids to sit on Santa's lap! lol
HEY that reminded me, does Loa have that dress still that you guys bought for Kenna?

Ben said...

I have to agree with James... Cam is looking like he used a few shots of whiskey to chase away that cold winter air!