Friday, December 28, 2007

Recovering

Well I hope all of you had a very merry Christmas. I know that we did. Our Christmas Eve was a little eventful this year. Sunday night, I went to cook dinner for the fam and our oven wouldn't turn on. We don't know much about gas stoves, so we thought maybe it was the pilot light. We called our landlord and he said that he would be over the next day to take a look. So Monday he came over with his repair man, and we didn't have a pilot light on our stove, it was an ignitor. Apparently the stove was completely gone. It needed some parts, and there were no stores open on Christmas Eve. Our landlord decided to just get us a new stove, but he said he couldn't have one until the day after Christmas. Well, that wasn't going to work for us since we were feeding four missionaries on Christmas Day and I had already bought all the food. I was pretty upset and asked if we could just call Lowe's or Home Depot and see if we could get a stove. His repair man said that he had a truck, so they decided to go to Lowe's and buy a new stove. Needless to say, I was able to cook my Christmas meal without a hitch. It is nice to have a new stove.

Whew! With that out of the way, we had a wonderful Christmas. Emma of course recieved too many gifts, but we enjoyed her reactions. Everytime she opened a gift she would say, "Ooooooo!" I also want to say thank you to everyone who sent us gifts. Emma loved every one of them. I of course loved the gifts for the baby as well.

Speaking of the baby, right now the baby is breech so I am upset about that. I sure hope it turns it butt around one more time before he is stuck in that position. I am really trying hard not to have to have a repeat C-section, but odds are not in my favor. I will be getting a blessing here soon, so I am hoping the Lord will help things out. Whatever will be, will be I guess. I hope that you all have a safe new year. Keep in touch.

2 comments:

The Owens said...

Happy new years! Looks like santa found you guys! Glad everything turned out and you got a new stove.

Ally Cat Girl said...

I'm glad you got a new stove, but I'm sorry that there had to be so much drama involved! That's cute that Emma "ooooed" at all the presents. Karyna did that too!