Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Tis' The Season

Merry Christmas! I wonder if you all heard the Christmas devotional on Sunday. Hearing the prophet speak about Christmas made me very excited for the Holiday. One of the church buildings in our area held a Creches and Carols event this last weekend. For those of you who don't know what a Creche is, it is a manger. They had a room full of porcelain Creches, a room dedicated to Modern, African, Asian, and any other manger you could think of. It was wonderful! They also had people performing in the chapel as you walked through the church. They had a children's room as well where children could make crafts. I volunteered on Friday night to be a Hostess, and greet people as they came in. It really made me excited for the holiday season. I am in the Christmas spirit, but I am having a hard time finding the energy to do the things I would like to and need to. I love to bake, and shop, and wrap, and get Christmas cards ready. I find that as the weeks go on, I have less and less energy. I need that energy though, because I keep stuffing my face with sugar cookies! Yum!

I have also decided that I think I will avoid Walmart, and the mall on the weekends. I went to Walmart on Saturday to pick a couple of things up, and I could barely get throught the doors. I couldn't believe it! I am glad that I am a stay at home mother now, so that I can go during the week to avoid crowds. I am excited about the gifts I have bought though. I hope Ashlyn, Addison, Tyler, and Janae all enjoy theirs. By the way, they will be sent soon.

The weather here is cold. I also keep forgetting to put on a coat or jacket before I leave the house. I always open the door, feel the cold air kick me in the face and then I remember. I guess I keep forgetting that I don't live in Arizona anymore. The weather has a nice briskness to it, and although it is cloudy and rainy there hasn't been any snow. I have heard though that snow here is not very common. People have told me that it maybe sticks a couple times throughout the winter season. Sunday was very cold, and it made me want to go back to Arizona.

Well, we miss all of you back in Arizona, and I hope that your Holiday season is going well also. Hopefully we might see you come summertime. Don't forget to send us Christmas cards.

4 comments:

:) said...

I love Emma's pumpkin costume! Where did you find it? I am glad that you are liking your new place. We miss you here. How's baby?

Nick said...

This isn't cold at all! Don't you remember your time in Michigan?

Crystal said...

Hey Britt, i decided to send a quick note via your blooger since we're both too busy to catch up on the phone. It sounds like you guys have settled in nicely and are enjoying Missouri. I'm so happy for you. Things have been crazy around here. We got home from our Mexico trip on Monday night around 6 and my grandma passed away that same evening around 1. To top it all off I've had strep throat and pink eye, and I'm the mom! the mom's can't get sick- or at least that's what I thought! Talk to you again soon.

Crystal said...

I meant blogger not blooger!