Monday, January 14, 2008

Snow?

Well, it is January 14th, and we still have no snow. I never in a million years would have thought that St. Louis would have such mild winters. The western part of the state gets very severe weather, but right here on the Mississippi it has been very mild. We are in the mid thirties during the day, and one week it did get down into the single digits, but other than that nothing. The funny thing is that about a week ago it was in the mid 60's, and we had a severe thunderstorm. The western part of the state even had some tornadoes. Very weird weather, but its been nice. I just want to say I am sorry to my family that lives in Idaho. I have seen the snow and it is also cold there. I am glad I do not have to shovel. Leaves are about the extent of our problems at this point. I cannot get rid of the leaves. They pile up in our driveway, they are all over our front steps, they are everywhere! They even have people who come by your neighboorhood now and again and vaccuum up your leaves if you have them on the curb. Its pretty fun to look at.

Well, Emma is such a big girl now. She kept crawling out of her crib, and it was driving me crazy. She wouldn't go to sleep, and sometimes she would come into our room at 3:00 a.m. Well this just wasn't working, so we finally buckled down and got her toddler bed ready. We also went to Wal-Mart and purchased some things that go around the doorknob so she can't open the door. So we did her usual bedtime routine, and then we shut the door. She cried of course for about 2 minutes because she couldn't open the door, but about a half and hour later I went in to check on her, and found her asleep in her new bed. How easy was that? She has been such a breeze now. She goes down for her naps and at bedtime so easily now. I just want to shoot myself for not having done this sooner. I guess you live and then you learn. Then you get LUVS?

Baby is still breech. We will know in two weeks wether or not I will be having another C-Section. Keep ya posted.

3 comments:

:) said...

Ah, Emma is such a cutie! Are you ready for another one? My doc said he might pull Zoii early. Due to traffic (her due date is right around the Super Bowl). Last time we went to the hospital it took us about an hour. But, who knows what will happen. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Man that birthday song is annoying. :) Nat

The Owens said...

aww leaves, how fun!! lol And no snow, that could be a good thing..im not fond of living in the snow. I like to visit it, but not live in it. lol Sounds like things are going good for you guys! Hows work for Cam?

:) said...

Hey Brit, well nothing new at the Doctor's. Only a fingertip dialated. So no baby quite yet. He said that if I haven't had the baby this coming week then he will induce. So at least another week. Oh well. Gives me more time to get more things done. How was you appt? Nat