Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Happy Anniversary Cam!

Well, how do you sum up 9 years of marriage? I am going to try to do a little recap of our Topsy turvy tumultuous marriage so far.

1999
July 22nd-Cameron set his eyes on me for the first time in Chester, Idaho. I am from Sugar City and the population back then was 1,242.

July 26th-First kiss in the parking lot of an apartment complex at Ricks College. We exchanged addresses and phone numbers. The thing was, is that I forgot to put my number on the piece of paper, so Cam thought that I was just a playa'.

August 2nd-I wrote Cam a letter because I hadn't heard from him, and I kind of laid all of my cards out there for him. Oh, and I put my phone number at the end of the letter.

August 5th-Cam called me for the first time.

October 1st-4th-I met Cam's family for the first time, and we got engaged that weekend. Just so everyone is aware, I had only seen Cam one other time prior to this weekend. Can anyone say CRAZY????

December 28th-I moved to Arizona to date Cam. Good idea ya? I moved in with is 81 year old grandmother, and to tell you the truth it didn't go as smoothly as we all hoped.

January 22nd-I moved in with one of my Mother-In-Laws good friends, and they had a daughter that was around my age as well and we became roomies.

March 11th-Sealed for Time and all Eternity in the Idaho Falls Temple. It was a balmy 23 degrees, and snowing. After the ceremony, we had some time to kill before the luncheon. So in the spirit of making one of the biggest decisions of your life, we went to the mall with Cam's best friend James and looked at RV's. Now, I don't know about you, but I will do everything in my power to make sure that that never ever happens to my children. What in the world were we thinking? Gotta say though, loved my dress, the cake, Cam's tux, the refreshments (though I don't think we ever had any), and my wonderful, wonderful honeymoon. Thanks Mom and Dad for making it a good day. Also, thanks to Rod and Loa for making it a great day again for the Arizona reception. Loved them both!

Well, since that point we have had financially complicated marriage. I would rather have this trial in life than about a billion others. We will slay this dragon and move on, but I dream of a nice little house with a fenced in yard. Is that too much to ask? Anyways, I love my hubby so, so much and he has been my rock for as long as I can remember. He is a tightwad, he let me cry and vent when we couldn't get pregnant and I had to sit through baby blessing after baby blessing. He has the most amazing rear end! I know, I know. Hey, I have to state the obvious right? He is good with our children, and instills the fear into them that should be there. Who wasn't afraid of their father? He tries so, so hard to be happy with what he does and hopefully in the end it will also bring us some income. I couldn't imagine spending nine years with anyone else, and I will love you for eternity.

Happy Anniversary Cam!



Totally random picture I know, but this just is one of my favorite pictures.

6 comments:

:) said...

I didn't realize you got engaged so quickly. I think you did that part quicker than I did! :) And I didn't know about you moving down there to date him. But, I totally remember going to the mall after your wedding. That was really odd, but very memorable, right? Happy Anniversary!

sarah said...

Happy Anniversary. I can see why you love that picture.

Miranda said...

Happy Anniversary! Cute picture!

Stephanie said...

Aw, Happy Anniversary! Wow, 9 years huh? We will celebrate 7 this year. Where does all the time go? We are still here in Mesa, same apartment where we moved to when Brit was about 6 weeks old. We are waiting to hear on a house in Gilbert. Hopefully sooner rather than later, since I'm due in about 10 weeks! So what brought you to Missouri? School or work? How do you like it there? It's so fun to keep in touch with blogs and FB.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! I just can't beieve I lived through that mess as the only one home. I got to hear the 'Oh my gosh!" that the parents were saying about their daughter marrying someone she had seen twice.
Good times, good times.
Happy Anniversary!
Love you both!

Janae said...

That was really sweet Britt. I guess I didn't realize that you went to the Mall parking lot to look at RV's! Too bad you didn't buy one! That could have potentially saved you on all your moves over the years! ha! I still can't believe how fast you got engaged! That is truly one of those crazy engagement stories, and yes I remember how panicked and insane we all felt. But, years later, a good laugh!