Saturday, March 21, 2009

Sorry for the Delay

Sorry for the delay in posting, and sorry for the length of this post. I think it is interesting but then again, it is my life. So read on my friends, read on. On our anniversary, our computer crashed. The motherboard pretty much fried. We were however able to get a really cheap computer at an auction, and just had someone put in all of our good leftovers into the new computer. It now of course is back up and running. Just a couple of things to sum up the last couple of weeks.

Brooks has learned another word on top of Uh Oh. It is no. Yep no. He just started saying it last night and then again this morning. I can't believe how big he is. He is walking better now, and is content to sit and play for hours. He is also a good eater. For breakfast he usually eats two packets of instant oatmeal, and just today he ate 3 pancakes. I love that he is a good eater most of the time.

Cameron was accepted to Arizona State University. Yipeeeee!!!! We are of course extremely happy. It was the program he wanted plus of course there is the added perk of having Cam's family there. We also will be in a more reasonable driving distance to my family as well. I really miss them. I am also excited for normal malls a Michael's and fabric stores that are on hand. Also I am excited about the fact that I will be able to eat at Wendy's again. Small little thing, but I love that place.

I am going to miss good ol' St. Louis. St. Louis hasn't been that kind to us. The coupe de gras was about two weeks ago when Cameron was severed from his job. He is getting a severance, but it is only until the middle of May. It is funny how life works. We came to St. Louis excited about a new position and the prospect of Cameron climbing the corporate ladder. We had such high hopes and it seems the moment we stepped off of the plane it all fell apart. I am glad however of the decision Cam's made to go back to school. I believe that this is what he needs to be doing. I will miss all of the free things to do here. The zoo, botanical gardens, the parks, the Magic House, etc... I am also going to miss some of the wonderful people that I have gotten to know during my time here. I hope that I will be able to keep in touch with some of them.

I hope to post soon again. These next three weeks are going to be incredibly crazy. I hope that you are all looking forward to Easter. I know I am, and Emma thinks the Easter bunny is like Santa. I guess he is, but it has been interesting telling her about him. Well, I am off to clean my house.

11 comments:

Nick said...

FYI, there is a Wendy's up on Page. We found it a month ago when I had a major Frosty craving. You should make sure to hit it up before you go; no sense letting that haunt your memories of STL! ;)

JaNae said...

There is also one on the way down to see me! I'm going to miss you. I should have taken advantage of the fact that you were so close more often! No I will truly be left all alone in Missouri. Oh well, I'm happy for you guys!

Rita said...

Are you leaving in 3 weeks? yikes...I gotta get on the ball for Dennis. Summer had an idea of someone... I think she is going to send me the info. Thanks for helping out so much. We really appreciate it. Oh- Dennis got sick last Sunday and has been sick all week! Today he finally started feeling a little better. Crazy. That was my spring break! :)

sarah said...

Congrats on ASU, that's pretty exciting! I'm so glad you guys will get to be closer to family.

Stephanie said...

Wow, I can't believe I just found out you were in St. Louis, and now you're coming back! Too bad about the job. This stinkin economy is just so hard on everyone, especially when you moved for work. From the family standpoint, I bet it will be great to be close to Cam's family. We will definitely have to make some time to get together! You guys still like Settler's? :) Hope all goes well with the move. How soon will it happen?

willmottfamily said...

Hey, wow. Moving, again? I am so sorry about Cam losing his job. It seems to be happening everywhere. Scary times. Have fun back in AZ. It sounds like everything is working out for the best... it always does.

Nicole said...

Well, sounds like things have been interesting at your house lately. Wendy's isn't all that wonderful, but I guess if you like that sort of thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyway, I have to tell you I rented Twilight when it came out on Saturday, and I have watched it like 3 times. I like it more and more the more I see it. I am excited about the new movie comming out at the end of the year. I hope since they have a new director that it will be a little better.

Kim said...

Oh sad, I was hoping you were coming here! Oh well, housing is MUCH better in AZ! :) You HAVE to go to Ted Drews before you leave St. Louis!!! Get an extra one for me! :)

RandiLeonard said...

I love that we can keep in touch when we are so far apart! I am due May 2nd! We can't wait I feel like a beached whale! Well I am glad that you find humor in the same things I do! YEAH I LOVE DM! Me and my husband are going to see them when they come to Utah in Aug! We can't wait! Good to talk to you! XOXO

The Owens said...

It is so exciting that you guys are moving back!! Congrats to Cam!!

Jessica said...

Sorry about the loss of job. Craig has suffered the same problem, but we are not going back to school. We have been doing that for too many years and with too many kids to go with it. I don't think my nerves could handle that. I am already starting to go crazy with the for that I do have. We are looking for a job in Wichita though. We want to stay here.