Sunday, November 23, 2008

Well, It Was Worth It!

TWILIGHT!!!!!

I was able to go to the movie on Saturday, and I loved it. You have to be able to go into this movie knowing that they are going to take some liberties, and take it for what it is. They do a good job of following the book, and I thought they did a great job with the casting. Here is my breakdown.

EDWARD: He surprised me. I wasn't sure I would like him, but I was very pleasantly surprised. I loved the color of his eyes, and the way they made him twinkle in the sun was cool. I think he needs to work on his acting when it comes to him being serious, but it was only a couple of times. I also hated his sunglasses in one scene. They looked like they belonged in the 1980's. Other than that, he did great.

BELLA: She did an AWESOME job! I think they could have played up the clumsy part a little bit more, and I think they could have dressed her up a little more for prom, but over all she did a great job.

JACOB: I will have to see. I just think they could have done a better job casting him. I know he is a little younger than Bella in the book, but he just seemed too young. Does that make sense? Anyways, he wasn't in there for too long so we will have to see when they make the next one.

EDWARDS FAMILY: They all did a super duper job! I loved everyone, and it was just a home run. Rosalie did a great job. A lot of people thought she could have been prettier, but come on she is gorgeous already. Carslille did such a good job. He just was so smooth and everything came across natural. Esme was just like I pictured her, as well as Jasper, Alice, and Emmett. Just overall it was great!

I know I haven't talked about some characters, but it would have taken too long. I want to go see it again. Like I said, it had its flaws, but if you go in knowing it will be a little different you will be happy. The books of course will always be better. Let me know what you thought.

5 comments:

:) said...

I cup = I see you pee (spell cup) I will have to find those other blogs later for ya.

Anonymous said...

ok, so i will say i liked it more than others that i have talked to. mandy nelson and i took our hubbies on a date friday night to see it and brett even liked it. but i have to say, i thought jasper was really wierd! i'm going to see it again this week, can't wait!!

Kristen said...

Ugh i LOVED this movie!!! Too bad you don't live down here in AZ so we could go see it again together!!

willmottfamily said...

I have mixed feelings about the movie. The one thing that annoyed me were the dumb teenie-bop one-liners in there for the young crowd. But after I finshed watching it I felt like I once again loved the story of Edward and Bella. It was cool seeing the story come to life.

Ally Cat Girl said...

I thought Jasper was weird too, and I pictured Jacob with a little shorter hair, but besides that I really liked it!