Friday, February 8, 2008

Emma's Birthday


Well Tuesday was Emma's 2nd birthday. It was an interesting day since we had to go to the doctor. Emma has had a nasty cough, and I had to take her in to get it checked out. We had some friends come over for dinner, and then cake and ice cream. I did a little too much though, and when all was said and done I was on the couch with aches and pains. I need to learn that when you are nine months pregnant, you order pizza. I also made my first stab at decorating a cake. It didn't turn out too well, but I had little time and patience that day. Emma got some great gifts, and I am grateful for friends to help share in celebrations.




I must say that I am a little dissapointed about Mitt Romney dropping out of the race. He wasn't able to pull out the votes he needed and I really thought he would make a good candidate. I am not quite sure at this point who I am going to vote for now. I have been trying to be more dilligent in trying to read what each candidate's platform is, and what they are going to do as president.


Saturday all of my friends and family got together and threw me a baby shower. I was able to participate through webcam. It was a little awkward since I couldn't really hear the conversation very well. I got some really cute things, and I am grateful to know so many great people. My Sister-In-Law stuffed a pillow up her shirt, and put on a play crown and pretended to be me as she opened my gifts. It was fun. I have some friends here in Missouri that are going to throw me a shower on Feburary 23rd. Part of me hopes I make it until then, but there is a part of me that wants to have this over quickly.


We will keep you all posted, and we have phone numbers in case the baby comes soon.




4 comments:

:) said...

Hey girl! Sorry that I couldn't make it to your shower. But, what do you need? Boy clothes? Or something different? Let me know k. By the way I think that Emma's cake is adorable. You did a great job. Hang in there only a few days left. Talk to you soon.

Ben said...

Hey Brit - Beth and Danielle didn't make it (do to some sickness on Beth's part) but we have a nice card to send you... I've just got to call Cam and get your address.

Ben said...

Sorry... that above post was me... not sure what 3vme is but i got it fixed

Ben

Ally Cat Girl said...

Didn't turn out well, are you kidding? Your cake looked awesome!!! It tasted great too!