Monday, February 4, 2008


So on Thursday night we had a monster snow storm come through. We got about 9 inches. So we have now seen snow twice since we have been here. I really hate the snow. It was so pretty on Friday morning when we woke up, but it started to melt on Friday, and now everything is just one big slushy mess. It took Cameron an hour to shovel our driveway and walk. Last night it was raining, and today it was really foggy. So as of now our snow is almost gone.


Saturday was an interesting day for me. Saturday is laundry day, and I am generally the only white person in the place. Well it was really busy on Saturday, and I was waiting for a dryer. I finally got one dryer for my 5 loads of laundry, but I was finally finishing up and noticed that there was a lady waiting for a dryer. I asked her if she wanted my dryer, and she said yes. So she was about to put her stuff in the dryer, and some lady came out of nowhere and started throwing her stuff in the dryer even before I could get my stuff out. I looked at her and told her that this lady was waiting. She responded by saying, "I don't care if she needs a dryer, I need six, and I don't have a problem beating anyone down." I just looked at the other lady, shrugged and walked away. The two ladies then started having a serious argument as to who should get the dryer.


Pretty soon, the cops came into the laundry mat. The one lady who made the comment earlier told the cops, "That white girl thinks that she can give her dryer to anyone she wants." She then started yelling at the cops that this is a first come first serve, yada yada. Anyways the police officer asked me what happened. I told him, and the other lady was still really upset, so he told her that he would have not problems taking her in for disturbing the peace. So drama at the laundry mat.


Last night we were invited to a super bowl party. It was fun. We had taco soup, salad, veggies, and all the chips and pop we could handle. The commercials just weren't that great this year. Anyway's our friend Nick is a big Patriots fan, and so he was more into the game then I think the rest of us were. I wanted the giants to win, because Eli Manning looks like a nice guy, and I don't like Tom Brady. Anyways, at least it was a good game. Giants won, and I went home extremely full of food. So thanks to the Miller family for inviting us over.

2 comments:

:) said...

How come there are so many crazy people in the laundromat? I so hate going there. I need to give you a call here soon. Maybe when I am not so sleep deprived. :) Nat

Kristen said...

Holy cow woman! I can't believe the experience you had at the laundromat! That's insane lol. Sounds like you're doing good though!